Nearest bus stop is Argyle Street / George Street, Route 339-340, 431-434, X39
Sydney Explorer, stop #23
Nearest train station is Circulay Quay
Robert Campbell, a prominent Scottish merchant in the early days of Sydney, purchased this land in 1799. Commonly known as the father of Australian commerce, he constructed a private wharf to house imports such as sugar, tea, and spirits from India. He was the only merchant that broke the monopoly held by the British East India Company. From 1838, he began construction of 5 sandstone bays (Campbell Storehouses) which are still standing to this day. Today, some small art galleries as well as a variety of waterside restaurants with spectacular views occupy the Campbell Storehouses. Pullies that were used to hoist cargoes can still be seen on the upper levels of the warehouses.The Cove is also a port for Sydney's fully operational tall ships. The rebuilt 1902 Solway and the 18th century replica of HMAV Bounty both offer cruises around the harbour
Map of Campbell's Cove
All Maps are provided by Google Maps for SydneyOnTheWeb.com
No replication of print media without prior written consent from Sydney Worldwide Pty Ltd.
Use the contact us
link on this page to contact Sydney Worldwide Pty Ltd for permission to use any data on the website for any other use other than personal use.